Arsenal Vs Sunderland – Will Sunderland Stay in the Premier League?
Tonight, a great soccer event is going to take place at the Emirates Stadium between Arsenal and Sunderland. This match is of great importance to both teams, and for two completely different reasons.
For Sunderland, the team needs at least one point in order to secure its survival at Barclays Premier League because it is in danger of getting demoted as it sits at the near bottom of the table with 37 points, only 7 points from the last place, which is taken by QPR with 30 points.
As for Arsenal, the match is equally important, but it is for their goal to win the Premier League, as the team is currently on the 3rd position on the table with 71 points, only 13 points away from the first spot, which is currently taken by Chelsea. So if they want to keep climbing to the top, they will have to win the match and hope that the teams above them lose points along the way so they can secure the 1st position.
Here are some facts about the two teams before their collision tonight:
• Sunderland has won one of their last 22 games in the Premier Leagues against Arsenal.
• The last win they achieved on the Gunners in their hometown was in 1983.
• 3 of the last 6 matches held at the Emirates Stadium ended with a score of 0-0.
• Arsenal has not lost a match on a Wednesday for 17 straight games.
• Although Olivier Girous did not score in the last 6 cup and league games, he has 3 goals from 4 league games against none other than Sunderland.
• Sunderland has finished 8 matches with a goalless draw, which is more than any other team.
• Lee Cattermole, who is known for being a little rough, if he gets booked, he will be the first player to ever get 15 yellow cards in the same season, and he would also get banned from playing the next 3 games.
Since the 3 points, or in the case of Sunderland, the 1 point of the game has great value to both teams, this means that it is a juicy event that will attract a lot of sports betting fans. So let us talk about some of the odds, and the expectations that some of the top sports betting operators have for the match.
William Hill, being one of the big names in the scene, offers odds of 2/7 for a home win, a 10/1 odds for an away win, and 9/2 odds for a draw. This clearly shows that William Hill is highly expecting that Arsenal will be able to secure the 3 points of the match, which explains the 2/7 odds. William Hill is also ruling out a draw, with the 9/2 odds. The odds from another big name, Ladbrokes, shows the same expectations with 1/3 odds for a home win, 9/2 odds for a draw and 9/1 for an away win.